Dealing with careless blunders

ChessBox Forums Chess Learnings Dealing with careless blunders

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      alphachess
      Participant

Am still hanging and blundering pieces like crazy! How do you avoid blunders?
      If only i can minimize my blunders, my rating will skyrocket!

chessbook
      Participant

Hey, don’t beat yourself so much, chess is a game of blunders. If your opponent doesn’t blunder or make a weak move, you will never win. But I would suggest you play longer time controls until you get comfortable with the common patterns. Try to remember as many patterns as possible. Blunders occur when you have a position you have never seen or played before.

Also, to avoid blunders, don’t play when you are tired, or playing for long hours.

What is your rating? If it is below 2000, you will still have some blunder issues. But that doesn’t mean GMs don’t blunder, everybody blunders, but when you are just getting started you will kinda blunder more.

alphachess
      Participant

Thanks for that great advice. My rating is currently 1800 on Lichess and 1650 on Chess.com, but not that stable, sometimes it can fall to 1300. But my official FIDE rating is about 1200. And yes, sometimes i play for long hours, get exhausted and start blundering more.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.